VIA recently made words about its new Nano X2 E-Series dual core processors which is designed mainly for the advanced 64-bit x86 embedded system design applications. As per the announcement, the new VIA Nano X2 E-Series will comes available in two models which has a speed of 1.2GHz and 1.6GHz. Another main highlight is that VIA is offering a 7 year longevity guarantee on these chips.
Coming to the technical specifications, the new VIA Nano X2 E-Series CPU combines “two 64-bit, superscalar VIA Nano cores on one die, offering enhanced multi-tasking and superb multimedia performance on a low power budget.” It also equips VT virtualization and VIA AES hardware security features. With the VT virtualization feature, the chips allows legacy software and applications to be used in virtual scenarios without impacting on performance.
As of now the new Nano X2 E-series dual core processors from VIA will be available for project customers for getting the reviews and boards with these VIA chips will be available from 2011 Q2.
VIA Nano X2 E-Series Dual Core Processors - Features and Specifications at a glance
- Industry-leading power-efficient architecture
- 7 year longevity guarantee
- Advanced multi-core processing
- Native support for 64-bit operating systems
- High-performance superscalar processing
- Out-of-order x86 architecture
- Most efficient speculative floating point algorithm
- Full processor virtualization support
- Advanced power and thermal management
- VIA AES hardware security features
- Pin-to-pin compatibility with VIA processors range
Tags: VIA, CPU, dual core processor, Nano X2, Nano X2 E-Series, VIA, VIA Dual Core processor, VIA E-Series, VIA Nano X2, VIA Nano X2 E-Series, VIA Nano X2 E-Series CPU, VIA Nano X2 E-Series Specs, VIA Nano X2 E-Series Review.